- Author, Editor, Psychologist & Researcher, with Degree in Forensic/Abnormal Psychology
- Experimental Psychologist & Psychodramatist
- Editorial Expertise and Experience since 1978
- The Author’s Archives were purchased in 2005 by New York University, Bobst Library, Fales Collection: “The Downtown Collection.” Her archive includes extensive diaries, manuscripts, letters, photographs and ephemera from Terence’s New York life, 1972-1995 in particular, and into the present. Refer to The FALES COLLECTION.
- As of October 2015 we completed editorial, footnoting and annotating of a second edition of the artist Boris Lurie’s book, “House of Anita” for the Boris Lurie Art Foundation, New York City.
We worked on the first edition in 2010; the new edition will place the book properly into its historical context, that of the Russian emigre and Holocaust survivor.
- As of September 2014, “Marie 1973: The Diary of Marie Stanley” was made available to be read on Kindle devices, and others.
- Note this website’s blog, where the Author is presenting the final draft of her novel “One Decadent Life.” Part One, consisting of 25 chapters, is complete. As of January 2016 we are up to Chapter 39 and towards the end of Part Two.
- This novel is available for print publication — because we still love paper.
- The Author was the subject of two articles in 2013 & 2014 on her Work in a historical context. The first was “Why Terence Sellers is Too Outre for Bohemia,” by the author Sanya Osha.
The second was in Apology Magazine, Issue 1, in the article “Discipline” by Johanna Fateman which mines material from the Author’s work “Famous versus Infamous,” to be read at this link.
- Author of two seminal works on the psychology of sadomasochism, THE CORRECT SADIST (1983) and DUNGEON EVIDENCE (1997)
- Author of numerous stories, essays and novels. Refer to the link WRITINGS.
- Consultant to the film industry and the legal system since 1988. Assignments in feature film, documentaries, and criminal investigations.
- Writer, Editor and Co-creator of the website PenthouseFetish.com, an all-fetish adjunct to Penthouse.com, 2001-2002.
- Co-Editor, with Chi Chi Valenti, of the New York literary review VERBAL ABUSE in the 1990s. 4 Issues.
- Contributor to BOMB Magazine in the 1980s. Four stories published in various issues may be read on the BOMB website here.
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York City, Bachelor of Arts, Forensic Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, 1986.
- St. John’s College, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Classical Studies, Undergraduate program, 1970-73.
Graduate Program, Literature section, 1988-89.
- THE CORRECT SADIST: Vitriol Press, New York City, 1983. Grove Press, New York City, 1985. Temple Press, Brighton U.K. 1989-1992. Blue Moon Books, New York City, 1994.
- THE CORRECT SADIST is available in French, Germand and Italian.
As “ANGE DE CRUATE”, Merodack Publications, Paris, 1988.
As “DER KORRECTE SADISMUS’, Ikoo Buchverlag, Berlin,1982-2009.
As “LA SADICA PERFETTA”, Shake Publishing, Milan, 1995.
- DUNGEON EVIDENCE /aka/ THE CORRECT SADIST II Creation/Velvet Publications, London 1997-2000
THE OBSESSION Vitriol Publications, New York, 1985-2002 (In Print) Ikoo Buchverlag Edition in German (In Print)
- The Correct Sadist and Dungeon Evidence are being prepared as a one-volume edition for KINDLE. This is tentatively slated for 2015.
A FEW IMPOSSIBLE-TO-FIND PUBLISHED WORKS OF INTEREST
- “The Voice of Candy,” Screw Magazine, New York, 1995.
- “Mistress Manslaughter,” Masquerade Magazine, New York, 1998.
- “To Achieve Death,” in #2, and “A Few Acid Writings” in #3. The Fenris Wolf, Stockholm, 1990 – 1993. Originally a single volume, Issues 1 through 3 were reprinted as an anthology in 2012, limited to 500 copies, and so out of print. Another curious link to this Anthology may be perused here.
- “Details from the Life of a Fin-de-Siecle Author, 20th Century,” FAD Magazine, San Francisco, 1989.
- “Coprophagi & Urinology,” excerpt from The Correct Sadist, Semiotexte, Polysexuality issue, New York 1981.
A FEW NOT-SO-HARD-TO-FIND PUBLISHED WORKS OF INTEREST
- “Is There Life After Sadomasochism?” High Risk Anthology, New York, 1990.
Read the revised version on this site!
- Four Short Stories, entitled Fag Rag; Hour of the Fey; The $200, or Shit on Heroin; and an excerpt from Rainer (current title The Degenerate) in BOMB Magazine, New York; respectively in Issues published in 1979, 1981, and 1986.
In 2014….all four may be read on the BOMB website.
LECTURES AND READINGS (Partial Listing)
- Excerpts from One Decadent Life; Excerpts from The Correct Sadist; Derivations from the Works of the Marquis de Sade; Derivations from A Clockwork Orange; and other writings… at the Jackie 60/Mother Club, Verbal Abuse series, New York City, 1991 through 2004.
- Excerpts from Dungeon Evidence, Paul Bridgewater Gallery, New York, 1998; and at The Old Operating Theatre, London, 1997
- Is There Life After Sadomasochism? Tower Books, New York, 1991.
- Letters of Sacher von Masoch — Reading & Exegesis: The Kitchen, New York, 1989.
- Are You a Murderer or Are You a Pervert? Knitting Factory, New York, 1987.
- De Sade, Sacher-Masoch & Bataille: Sadomasochism in French Literature: Columbia University, Graduate program, New York, 1981. The Correct Sadist was required reading for this course.
- Excerpts from The Correct Sadist: Bloomsbury Theatre, London, 1984. B2 Gallery, London, 1982. Congress of the International Freudian Movement, New York, 1981. Centre Georges-Pompidou, Paris, 1981. Tier 3 Nightclub, New York City, 1980.
INTERVIEWS, BOOK REVIEWS (Partial Listing)
- Interviews London Sunday Times, S.Wavell, 1991 Skin Two Magazine, M.Olley, 1991 Montreal Mirror, 1987 San Francisco Examiner, A.Coe,1985 The Face, J.Truman, 1983 Le Monde, ‘Ecole New York’. G.Lemaire, 1981
- Book Review & Interview Heavy Metal, R.Sloman, 1985 East Village Eye, P.Califia, 1984 Vacation Magazine, P.Armenter, 1980
- Book Reviews/Commentary Chaos Internat’l, G.Suster, London, 1990 New York Native, S.Schulman, 1985 Screw Magazine, M.Perkins, 1985 Etudes Freudienne Review, essay on “The Correct Sadist”, F.Peraldi, Paris, 1984
- Film “How to Shoot a Crime” and “Little Stabs at Cruelty” Commentary & Interviews Written and directed by S.Lotringer and C.Kraus, New York, 1985 & 1988